About Matt Preston
Director of Performance | Lead Movement Specialist
Matt grew up in Southern Oregon, graduating from Crater High School in 2012. He received his BS in Athletic Training from George Fox University – 2016. He then accepted a Graduate Assistant Athletic Training position at Lamar University – earning a Master’s degree in Kinesiology in 2018. Matt is a Board of Certification Athletic Trainer with a well rounded background in multiple sports and an emphasis in golf performance. He competed on the George Fox University golf team during undergrad. Matt is currently the Head Golf Coach at Ashland High School and an Assistant Golf Coach at Southern Oregon University.
Matt’s role as the Director of Performance is to help students achieve their most efficient and consistent swing through personalized exercises. His mission is to build confidence that translates to the course and decrease golf injuries. In 2022, Matt was an award winner of the Off-Course Category from Golf Fitness Association of America (GFAA).
After years of coaching and assisting with junior golf programs, Matt has pursued a teaching and coaching profession – joining the PGA of America in 2022. His background in human movement will bring an exciting perspective to golf instruction.
Matt Preston, MS, ATC
- Bachelors of Science in Athletic Training (George Fox University)
- Masters in Kinesiology (Lamar University)
- Played College golf at GFU
- Division 1 Athletic Trainer
- Former SOU Athletic Trainer
- Fitness and performance coach for Junior and adult golfers
- Emphasizing in golf specific exercises to help biomechanics of the swing and reduce injuries
- Proficient Speed Training coach to maximize distance off the tee and lower scores